Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Do you thrive on pulling the strings behind the scenes and find gratification in the challenges of every new project? Are you skilled at taking big, overwhelming tasks and breaking them down into smaller, more approachable sub-tasks? Walz Tetrick Advertising is looking for a Senior Project Manager who understands that this role is more than managing day-to-day tasks, budgets and SOWs. We’re looking for a team player who also understands people management.
Project management comes with a high level of responsibility at WTA and partners with each of our departments to oversee all new and existing client projects. Our Senior Project Manager will contribute to and lead company-wide initiatives related to improving our project delivery process and systems.
- Manage day-to-day project activities and resource and lead project status team meetings
- Participate in establishing practices, policies and tools to expand and mature agency capabilities
- Delegate project tasks based on individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Identify needs for growth within the project management team
- Act as an internal quality control check for projects
- Participate in vendor selection and proposal evaluation
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust to project constraints based on financials and scope of work
- Develop comprehensive project plans for clients and agency team
- Communicate early and often about project risks and offer alternative suggestions
- Communicate with technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project team participants, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple departments
- Experience implementing a new project management process and system is a plus
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities
- Tools: Experience with Advantage Software a plus
- Understanding of the full website development project lifecycle, including creative, development, testing, QA, and data collection
- Understanding and experience in managing creative projects ranging from digital executions, to collateral pieces, to television and radio spots, etc.
- Understanding of media trafficking to ensure creative executions are sent to the appropriate media traffic coordinator for placement
- 5+ years of relevant project management experience. Agency experience a plus!
- Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience drafting and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external team members.
- Understanding of the language of the work from development requirements to broadcast production coordination, including both client-side and agency terminology.
- Familiarity with the following organizational processes:
- Workflow. Experience managing both traditional and digital processes related to the development of creative product, including websites, digital media and print campaigns.
- Estimating. A clear understanding of estimating processes, keeping budgets in check and effectively communicating scope.
- Proposal & Statements of Work (SOW). Experience identifying major project risks before they’re sold. Familiarity with proposals and SOW documents and ability to raise concerns about projects in a timely fashion.
- Strategy. Ability to step back and look at the client’s big picture, keeping everyone focused on goals and decisions within the larger brand objectives.
- Services. A strong understanding of agency services, target audiences and agency capabilities.
About Walz Tetrick Advertising:
Walz Tetrick was once a start-up, way back in 1967. Key to its staying power has been its start-up power. The full-service marketing and media agency approaches each client, each project, each day with the fresh and feisty attitude of a start-up. Solely owned and operated by self-proclaimed serial entrepreneur Charlie Tetrick since 1990, the agency offers a think-tank environment for clients at all stages of the business cycle.
Interested? Excited? We are too!
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com